Drive Thru History is a series that makes exploring the history of Western Civilization meaningful and totally entertaining at the same time. My kids roll around the floor laughing at the outtakes and bloopers.
David Stotts, a Christian, has spent the last 14 years in professional video and media production. His career in documentary production has taken him to 27 countries to shoot and edit films on a wide variety of topics including history, science, religion, homeland security and Bible archaeology.
In addition to writing and videography, David’s primary role in media creation is in the editor’s chair, assembling videos and crafting animations. Storytelling is the driving force behind his work.With Dave Stotts as your guide, you’ll definitely enjoy the ride.
There are three set of DVDs with 12 in each set:
You can use the DVDs to supplement or enhance your lessons or for review.
The Ancient History DVD set contains four individual DVDs – Rome, Greece, Turkey, and East Meets West. Three 30-minute episodes on each DVD for a total of twelve episodes.
Drive Thru History is a joy ride through the fast lane of times-gone-by led by the irreverent but always relevant Dave Stotts. Dave doesn’t just talk about history. He lives it in fast, easy-to-digest road trips, like the trip to the Coliseum in Rome where Dave accidentally picks a fight with one of those cheesy “Roman Guards” who’ll pose for a picture for a couple of Euros. Suddenly, Dave is Maximus in a fight to the death (in his mind, that is). Drive Thru History is a series that makes exploring the history of Western Civilization both meaningful and entertaining. Dave checks out the ancient civilizations starting in Egypt or Mesopotamia and then on his way out of town spin by Greece. With a major excursion through the Roman Empire, Dave will be sure to open ‘er up in Europe with an eventual side trip to America. It is sure to be an enjoyable ride with Dave Stotts as your guide. You might even learn a thing or two about history and how we’re all connected to these places and events. This is over 2500 years of history… so we had better make it fast. And who wants to be lectured to… so we’d better make it fun. That’s part of the story. Remember, Ferdinand Magellan, Marco Polo, and Christopher Columbus…never had a driver’s license.
Rome If You Want To
- Episode 1: Lost in Rome, the Forum & Palatine Hill, the Emperors during the time of Christ, the Arch of Titus and the destruction of Jerusalem.
- Episode 2: The Circus Maximus, chariot racing, the great fire of Rome, Nero’s persecution of Christians and the Roman Pantheon.
- Episode 3: Hannibal invades Rome, the Colosseum, the Gladiators and the early Christian influence.
Greece and the Word
- Episode 4: The Greeks, The Oracle at Delphi, The Olympics, Paul and Alexander the Great.
- Episode 5: Lost in Athens, Acropolis and Parthenon, The Philosophers, The Life of Paul, Mars Hill, Missionary Journeys.
- Episode 6: Paul in Corinth, Corinthian Disobedience, Corinth Canal, New Testament Evidence.
- Episode 7: Churches of Revelation, Dave’s sweet ride, Ancient Sardis & Smyrna, Darius’ Royal Road, Martyrdom of Polycarp.
- Episode 8: Hieropolis, Camel bite, Christians in Laodicea, Colossae, Paul’s Letters to Philemon and the Colossians.
- Episode 9: Ancient Ephesus and the Apostle Paul, Letter to the Ephesians, Roman Ruins, Library of Celsus, Artemis Temple, Ephesus riot of Acts 19.
East Meets West
- Episode 10: The Fairy Chimneys of Cappadocia, Hittites and King David, The Underground Cities.
- Episode 11: Istanbul’s History, Emperor Constantine’s Conversion, Edict of Milan, Nicene Creed, Fall of Constantinople, Shopping in the Bazaar, Hagia Sofia
- Episode 12: Best of Drive Thru History, Bloopers, Western Civilization Comes To America.
The all new Holy Land Series speeds through the ancient world of the Bible, giving you a fast-paced encounter with the people, places, and events that have shaped our world and the Christian faith. Recommended family entertainment by The Dove Foundation, this Drive Thru History series includes on-location explorations with lots of animations and fun narration that is definitely “outside the classroom.” From the Patriarchs of the Old Testament to the events in Jerusalem during the life of Christ, you will travel on a visually exciting journey through the land of the Bible. This drive gives delightful insight into the history and culture behind the stories of Scripture. Each video also includes a PDF for each episode containing discussion questions designed for groups and families.
Covenants, Kings, and the Promised Land
- Episode 1: Introduction to the Series, Patriarchs, Exodus, Overview of Conquest, Lachish, Be’er Sheva (Beersheba)
- Episode 2: Arad, Dead Sea, Sodom & Gomorrah, Masada
- Episode 3: King David, Khirbet Qeiyafa (David & Goliath & the Valley of Elah), Ein Gedi, Qumran, Dead Sea Scrolls[/tab]
Conquest, Canaanites, and the Holy City
- Episode 1: Arrival in Jerusalem, 2-min. History of Israel, conquest sites, Jericho, and Hazor
- Episode 2: Samaria, Shechem, and Shiloh
- Episode 3: Jezreel, Meggido, and Tel Dan
Miracles, Messiah, and the Roman Empire
- Episode 1: Transition to New Testament, Prophecies of the Messiah, and Bethlehem (including the Church of Nativity, Shepherds Field, and the Star of Bethlehem)
- Episode 2: Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Jesus’ Boat, Capernaum, the House of Peter, Synagogue at Capernaum, and Tabgha
- Episode 3: Caesarea Philippi and Caesarea Maritima
Temple, Cross and the Empty Tomb
- Episode 1: Mount Moriah, Temple Mount, Al Aqsa Mosque, Dome of the Rock
- Episode 2: City of David, Pool of Siloam, Mount of Olives, and the Garden of Gethsemane
- Episode 3: Prophecies, Caiaphas, Crucifixion, Resurrection, and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and much more!
Your highly-entertaining host Dave Stotts present a Drive Thru History series on American history.
See first-hand some of the places where our founding fathers risked their lives to shape this great nation. Join us for a journey packed with information and fun as we discover the story behind The United States of America. It will be an adventure you find yourself watching over and over with the kids.
Columbus, the Pilgrims, and Early Boston
- Episode 1: The Discovery: Introduction, Christopher Columbus, the Khan-Polo Connection, Florence, Setting Sail in Spain, Amerigo Vespucci
- Episode 2: The Pilgrims: Driving to Scrooby, The Separatists, The Pilgrims in Holland, The Mayflower, Plymouth Rock, The First Thanksgiving
- Episode 3: Boston & Beginnings of Revolution: Boston’s Heritage, War Brewing, The Old North Church, Lexington & Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Dorchester Heights
Patriots, Penn, and the Freedom Trail
- Episode 4: George Whitefield, The Freedom Trail, Granary Burial Ground, Old State House, Faneuil Hall, USS Constitution
- Episode 5: William Penn, Pennsbury Manor, Henry Muhlenberg, Christ Church, Jacob Duché, Betsy Ross
- Episode 6: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Ben Franklin, The Declaration House, Carpenter’s Hall, The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall
Soldiers, Jamestown, and Heroes of Virginia
- Episode 7: Philadelphia, Thaddeus Kosciusko, Germantown, Benjamin Chew House, Fort Mifflin, Valley Forge
- Episode 8: The Jamestown Colony, Pocahontas, Peter Mulenberg, Colonial Williamsburg, The Battle of Yorktown
- Episode 9: Mount Vernon, Slavery in Colonial America, Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, James Madison’s Montpelier, Dolly Madison
New York, New Jersey, and Washington’s Warriors
- Episode 10: Battle Hill, The Battle of Long Island, Hessian Huts, Morris Manson, Prison Ship Martyrs Monument, Lombardi’s Pizzeria, Fort Washington
- Episode 11: Wall Street, Federal Hall, New York Stock Exchange, St. Paul’s Chapel, The Battle of Saratoga, Benedict Arnold, West Point
- Episode 12: Crossing the Delaware, The Battle of Trenton, John Witherspoon, Princeton, Morristown, Battle of Monmouth
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)