Home » Homeschool » Get Books FREE with Paperback Swap!

Get Books FREE with Paperback Swap!

I am really excited about Paper Back Swap (PBS)!

Most homeschoolers have shelves and shelves of books sitting and waiting to be used.  Want to swap them for a book you have been wanting- FREE? You do need to pay to ship books but media rate is under $3.00. In return you can get almost any book without paying shipping!

I used to buy used books at Amazon because many are only .01 however, an Amazon Used Book at 0.01 +$3.99 sh = $4.00. Most of the time much more. You can get the same book at Paper Back Swap for $2.50-$3.45. (your postage for shipping a book from home or purchase a $3.45 credit)

There is no need to go to the post office, just print the label from your computer and pop the book into the mail.

More than a million books are listed. Did I mention I was excited?

How it Works

List 10 books to get 2 free credits. Each new member (limited to the first member listing per household) gets two “start up” credits once ten books are listed.

A Homeschool Dream

Homeschool families are usually one income families with massif size book appetite and a chihuahua size pocketbook.   Imagine thousands of homeschoolers using this system saturating PaperBackSwap with popular Christian homeschool books.

Don’t let valuable knowledge sit on your book shelves gathering dust– share with homeschoolers that need them!

Get More Free Credits 

If you refer a new member* who then posts 10 books to his or her Bookshelf, you will receive a credit. So please  if you join or click this button:


Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.

If you have a blog, or facebook, or Twitter you can add links to get credits.

No Trips to the Post Office!

PBS  has a special  mailing system that allows you to print out a wrapper, they calculate the cheapest method for shipping. If it weighs under 7 ounces it’s cheaper to mail it First Class, if it’s heavier than Media Mail is cheapest.

Print out the wrapper and wrap the book, instead of having to

  • No calculating shipping
  • No buying  stamps
  • No addressing a label
  • No need to go to the post office, just stick it in your mail box!

If you use Paperbackswap mailing system, once you click the button to say the book has been mailed, you get immediate  credits.

More than Paper Books

The name is Paperback swap but you can trade hardbacks, CDs and DVDs too. They have a ton of audio books.

FABIL (Find A Book I’ll Like)

The FABIL system will use PBS data to recommend personalized lists of books that they think you’ll enjoy reading.

The Golden Rule

To post any book you must follow this rule:

Did you notice “no writing or highlighting”? About 80% of my books are non fiction chock full of notes and highlighting. However, that leaves 20% (mostly Christian fiction) without highlighting. So I can still list a few hundred books.

Do you have books lying around that could be your ticket to a new library? Are you as excited as I am?

If you sign up let me know below and I’ll email you a link to my posted books (posted 35 this morning).

Join the Club and Swap Books for Free! – PaperBackSwap.com


Heartofwisdom teaching approach

Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)

Powered by ConvertKit

About Robin Sampson


  1. Kathrine

    What is your nickname for the site so that I can give you credit for the referral?

  2. I love PBS!!
    My username is muskieman12 (we like to fish for Muskies).
    I am a junkie!! Love to swap books. And as a homeschool mom, I have a LOT of books! lol.

  3. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and
    thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i
    am following you. Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.

  4. Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
    previous to and you’re just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read much more from you.
    This is really a tremendous website.

  5. This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Thanks!

  6. pratik

    pbs is awesome but for US citizens only…
    i found something similar for india


  7. It can be difficult to talk about this topic. I think you
    did a great job though! Thanks for this!

    my web-site – health care reform facts [livejournal.com]

  8. I am amazed with this website, really. I
    am an admirer.

  9. I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

  10. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *