Friday, I hemorrhaged again and went to the ER in a lot of pain, weak and dizzy.
When the ulcers bleed a lot my BP drops, I get anemic and my heart starts throwing PVCs. I have to get blood transfusions and shots to make my bone marrow produce iron.
The steroids I’m on have a lot of side effects: weight gain, chipmunk face, red blotches, depression, weakness, etc. Fun.
I’d appreciate your prayers especially for upcoming surgeon visits.
God gives us the strength to endure and even rejoice in trials. We can rejoice in weakness, trials, hardships, persecution, and calamity when we understand God is building in us dependence on the glorification of the grace and power of His Son.
If you are new to this blog this time line explains this is ongoing frustrating battle but the Lord is working in every step.
- July 6, 2007 Open Heart Surgery: CABG coronary artery bypass graft. Major blockage in left main artery.
- July 21, 2007 Back in the Hospital: Complications fluid in lungs, fluid in heart lining and erratic heart problems.
- March 2008 Second heart surgery. Artery collapsed.
- May – June 2008 – Weekly iron infusions.
- July 20008 – Hemorrhage and hospital stay. View from Back of an Ambulance
- August- November 2008 – Weekly iron infusions.
- December 2008 – Another blood transfusion.
- January 2009 – Hemorrhage and hospital stay
- March 2009 – Hemorrhage and another blood transfusion.
- April – May 2009– Weekly iron infusions. Bone marrow shots.
- July 2009– Still trying to find bleeding problem. Now complicated with unexplained pains possible from blood transfusions.
God’s grace is sufficient for every situation. His abundant goodness, kindness, and love are available to us for the asking. He promises to deliver us and give us deeper intimacy and greater faith through all trials.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)
I’m happy to home. I’m in bed spending time washing in the Word.
Learn to recognize trials as treasures in disguise and REJOICE!
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Subscribe for 65 pages from The Heart Wisdom Teaching Approach (pdf)